Monday, October 6, 2008

Oct. 6, 2008

Today we worked on lunging again, the goal is to not cross fire. When she picks up a canter she has the right lead but then she cross fires. As soon as she goes once around the circle she can go back to a trot, we will work from there on going longer. We worked on hunch turns more and reviewed the front turns. Joy has a hard time paying attention even in an enclosed arena she is over in la-la land. After I lunged her, I rode her. We worked again on bending to the inside and and walking in a straight line at the same time. I rode a trot posting and sitting. The teacher wants me to be on the outside diagonal when I trot. A new exercise we have to do is to "massage" her mouth by pulling back or down on the bit(on the ground.) My homework this week is 1) the mouth exercise 2) lunging with the right leads 3) riding with her neck bent inside 4) four hand turns and hunch turns.

No comments: